Thursday, August 1, 2013

As always, we start at the beginning

Who am I and why should you care?

My name is Emi. I'm 26, female, and a geek/nerd! I am a writer, and now currently a game designer! I work on mostly tabletop RPGs, but that might change in the future. You never really know. ;)

As to why you should care about this blog or about me, no I'm not famous and I'm probably not the most interesting person in the world, but I do feel I have a very unique perspective as a gamer.

I've lived my entire life with Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), and it definitely makes gaming harder than I imagine it is for others. I put much more thought into my actions as a player, and as a GM, because of this constant fear of doing something wrong, despite the fact that I know that doesn't matter so much.

If nothing else, gaming can be interesting when you have SAD, and I don't think this topic is brought up a lot.

What is this blog about?

I'm keeping this open to all forms of geekery: comics, gaming, science, and more.

I have regular tabletop games every weekend, so I plan to talk about that; what it's like, my musings on the games and plots, and my ideas.

My mom studied astrophysics and works on satellites when I was young, so I like to watch what is going on in the science world, especially in space. Let it be known now: Pluto was always a planet in my heart, so in that respect, NASA can suck it.

I don't get the chance to read as many comics as I used to, but I do watch the movies, and I'm deep into books and the shows that go along with them.

I also appreciate all that is forensic science and psychology.

So, to sum this up, it's a great big mishmash of geekery, which is how my world is anyway!

When will it be updated?

Most of my games fall on the weekends, so I thought that would be a good time to do my main updates, though I do reserve the right to update with funny things throughout the week.

Welcome to my madness.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing more. I'm not a person with SAD, but I am pretty introverted. Strangely enough, I also have a job that requires me to teach classes, lead meetings, and other professorial duties. Some days, I really, really just want to not deal with it all, and hide in my office and read/listen to music, or something like that. I do okay one-on-one, but I don't like talking to strangers very much, and I dread making phone calls to people I don't know. But enough of that.

    What are your fave RPGs, and have you ever tried G+ hangout gaming (i.e., "ConstantCon")?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know struggling with illnesses of the mind is a tough thing. Keep fighting. Since, I love reading gaming blogs, I'll sign up read when you write.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I am always keen to hear from someone that has a different perspective to my own. Looking forward to hearing what happens at your table!

    ReplyDelete