Sunday, September 8, 2013

What To Go As?

My friend's son is turning 5 and he's decided that all of his birthday parties (and all parties in general) should include costumes. The party itself is a superhero one, so I've been thinking of what kind of costume I could wear.

I'd love to do Harley Quinn,  but then comes all of my insecurities with my body and the types of costumes she wears. I think this tends to be the same with most of the female heroes and villains. And I'm too insecure to say "fuck it!" and do it anyway.

I do have my own superhero story I've been wanting to get out there, but haven't yet decided how I want to do that. And even if I wore that costume (which is totally possible because I have a corset that would work, no one would get it anyway.)

I suppose it's also possible to gender bend, but with moving I'm not actually sure how much time I would have to try and make my own.

Costumes + Insecurities = Difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment